Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
"Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acquired defect of cellular immunity associated with infection by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a CD4-positive T-lymphocyte count under 200 cells/microliter or less than 14% of total lymphocytes, and increased susceptibility to opportunistic infections and malignant neoplasms. Clinical manifestations also include emaciation (wasting) and dementia. These elements reflect criteria for AIDS as defined by the CDC in 1993.
|Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndrome, Acquired
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome
- Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome
- Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndromes
- Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome, Acquired
- Immuno-Deficiency Syndromes, Acquired
- Syndrome, Acquired Immuno-Deficiency
- Syndromes, Acquired Immuno-Deficiency
- Immunodeficiency Syndrome, Acquired
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndromes
- Immunodeficiency Syndromes, Acquired
- Syndrome, Acquired Immunodeficiency
- Syndromes, Acquired Immunodeficiency
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.